View Single Post
Old January 2, 2021   #4
Milan HP
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitridge View Post
I've used a cheap 2x4 foot by 5 foot high grow chamber,you know those that have a silver reflective surface on the inside and are black on the outside. I used 5 cxb 3590 led COB lights along with a thermostat to keep the air temperature in the correct range inside the grow chamber, I grew 2 indeterminate plants of which the largest tomato was just under 4 lbs. The whole tent was set on top of a 2x4 foot by 16inches deep insulated box that was also thermostatic controlled with a heat cable wrapped around the interior of the box,that way I could keep the soil temp at an ideal level. I don't know if any of this will be of any help to you or not, just sharing my experience with you in case there's something that might give you an idea.
Thank you.

Of course you have helped me. I googled up the light source to see that it's more efficient than my sources (136lm/W as opposed to 122lm/W). Actually, it's a very powerful source. I was surprised to find out that they are available in our country too.

My problem is that I usually grow over 10 plants at a time and grow chambers (is that what you call them officially?) can accommodate maximum 3 plants. But I will think about replacing the light sources.
Milan HP is offline   Reply With Quote