View Single Post
Old March 7, 2013   #14
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjg911 View Post
i plant when it's convenient for me, when the weather is favorable is very important. i time starting seeds to coincide with when they need to go out, the phase of the moon has nothing to do with it any more than whether there is a half or full bottle of ketchup in the fridge. i do watch the full moon in may tho because a frost or freeze can be serious and for whatever reason i have observed the coldest weather often coincides with the full moon in may.

tom
Tom, I've never taken note of the May full moon and the weather. I'll have to keep any eye on it this year as that's the month when I do a lot of planting out.

I have a neighbor who swears by the moon cycles for planting his garden, but then he's retired and doesn't have the problem of trying to fit the planting schedule in around a full time job! I set out last year to give it a try, but between my work hours and the weather, it was just impossible. I don't know if it would make for a better season if I followed it, but I do avoid looking at it so I don't stress out over the fact that I've sown seeds during barren times!
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote