Thread: Banana Legs ?
View Single Post
Old June 21, 2015   #4
pauldavid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I made a sauce with Banana Legs and one huge Mayo's Delight Heart. Cooked it slow a steady for 90 minutes. I cooked it with vegetable oil (Cannot afford olive oil). onions, several chopped peppers, garlic, sweet basil, oregano, garlic and onion powders, sea salt.

It tastes good. The seasoning is right, but what was missing was the acidic tomato flavor. I guess we have eaten too many American pizzas and canned tomato sauces in our lifetime? I think what we grew up with is now the standard for us. Our first ever made tomato sauce will feed the compost pile in style. It won't go to waste.

But that means...I'll have to grow so many other tomatoes to try in sauces... Oh the horrors

Sounds like an excuse to grow EVEN MORE tomatoes to me

I too favor the acidic flavor. This is the reason I planted Sioux this year. It is supposed to have a real acidic taste. One of my Sioux plants(of three) is heavily ribbed kind of like a Zapotec. Must have been a mix up or cross from the vendor. The other 2 are smooth but on the small side. However I planted them kind of late. Time will tell.
pauldavid is offline   Reply With Quote