View Single Post
Old August 14, 2014   #52
frogsleap farm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinB View Post
I realized that I probably didn't say anything about my plant #2. It was planted approximately 2 weeks after plant #1, and ripened the first fruit in only 46 days.

My two plants are now producing good quantities of fruit, and fruit from plant #2 are turning out to be just slightly fatter and maybe a bit longer, but they are the same general shape. In the photo below, #2 is on the left, and they weigh 13g and 10g, respectively.

Plant #1 gets the edge in taste and production. I finally figured out that they need to be a really dark red. The stripes are almost metallic-looking. THEN, they are the best tasting tomato in the garden so far. Knee-buckling, amazing, intense, rich, full taste with a final jolt of sweetness. Not to be overly dramatic or anything. At least a 9/10.
Robin - I thought both parents were pretty stable, but your plant #1 looks a little darker, and may be a bit tastier than either plant I grew here. Can you send me some F2 seed? I made the cross again this summer with the next generation parent lines. thanks.
frogsleap farm is offline   Reply With Quote