View Single Post
Old August 6, 2014   #47
frogsleap farm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinca View Post
AUGUST 3, 2014

Planted one plant of each variety. 3C3 was planted in early June, 3C45 and 3C54 were planted on May 22 - all struggled.

3C3 No ripe fruit after approximately 50 days in the ground.
3C45 Five ripe fruit so far, plum, red with orange stripes, smallest 1.75 oz, largest (3) 3.0oz, average 2.675oz (left in photo) after 71 days in the ground.
3C54 Six ripe fruit so far, small round, brown with green stripes, smallest 1.125, largest 2.0oz, average 1.667oz (right in photo) after 69 days in the ground.
Attachment 44623

AUGUST 4, 2014

Picked six more 3C54 today. A good, but mild flavored small fruit that is unlikely to offend anyone. The skin may be a bit thicker than most, but it is not objectionable. I would plant this vigorous and productive plant again.

Picked five more 3C45 today. A tasty plum with a sharper taste than 3C45.

Both are pretty consistent in size within their variety.

In answer to an early post, you didn't state a requirement to return seeds to you. Does that still hold true? Do you object to us saving seeds?

Thanks Dinca - no need to return F2 seed, I have these all growing at my place also, but wanted testing in a couple of other environments. There is no problem with saving and planting the F2 seed you produce on these hybrids.
frogsleap farm is offline   Reply With Quote