View Single Post
Old March 11, 2019   #49
PlainJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
I wish some gardeners from this forum lived closer to me. I would love to drop off some extra pepper, tomato,and eggplant's. I always germinate more than I can plant and then run around trying to give them away. I know I will have extra Nadia and White Star eggplant's this year. I've never grown these varieties and I have no idea how they will perform. I don't grow the old black varieties because they were simply to bitter for my taste. It was easy to get rid of the bitterness by salting the flesh extracting the water and then rinsing them to get rid of the salt. I just don't like stuff that requires extra steps to prepare. Having never grown Nadia, it may be bitter. I suppose I will find out. I've never found a bitter white variety. I love eggplant, but no one else in my family does.
Too bad no one else loves eggplant; I can’t imagine a growing season without it.
I’m awful about starting too many seeds as well, and so am starting to ask around at work for takers. I’ll hit up my neighbors and local friends too.
It’s just so much fun starting seeds, that’s the problem.