View Single Post
Old February 24, 2018   #10
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by menken View Post
Ok thank you to all of you - I am sort of figuring it out as I go along and you all are helping so much.

I am indeed starting them in my home, and really did not anticipate how quickly they would germinate and grow so I am a little unprepared! Even my eggplants and peppers have started germinating in only five days. I have them under the grow light now and hopefully that will prevent them from getting too leggy. If they are a bit leggy, I am assuming I can plant them a little deep (planning on transplanting to solo cups or similar when the have some true leaves) to help offset that. ahhh! who knew tiny seedlings could be so stressful!
Yes, bury the stem (even lop off some of the bottom leaves and bury deeper if needed) when potting them up, that will take care of the leggy-ness. Your grow lights should keep them from becoming leggy. Don't stress it.... and if they get too tall, you can even take some scissors or pruning tool and lop off a few inches off the top and they will still grow just fine. Don't stress.
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote