View Single Post
Old April 16, 2016   #43
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti....I am concerned with the lights so I switched 6 tubes off ...they are on 3 different switches and now only two tubes are on..My problem is when I switched the lighting off round 1am this morning I did not like the look of the leaves ...round 10am this morning .I checked them and I thought they looked a lot better IE the leaves looked a lot more alive in colour and strength so I put the lights back on .. now its just after 4pm I rechecked them and to me they have gone backwards again ..I am wondering whether its heat related....although with Floro Tubes there is not that much heat...and the tubes are 300mm above the plant height...
But ...I am now sure that I am right ...these cuttings seem to weaken under lights particularly in the leaves and recover overrnight when the lighting is off....

With the light reflection within the freezer I presume there is also a temperature build up and I will buy a thermometer to hang in the freezer and take readings...

In the 31st March tray there is a plant which is looking good but it was not a lateral but a part of a broken plant....I cannot even remember what it is (maybe a Lisa King..) Unlike the laterals Its handling the Floro tubes with no problems ....

I wonder if you have any comment ....I do have a board that has about eight light fittings
.for CFL bulbs and they may be better than the Tubes......Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote