View Single Post
Old March 1, 2014   #9
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcolino View Post
Carolyn, I am lucky indeed. She said to me, you're just as tomatojunkie, as I am. I took that as a great compliment. Yes, Istra is a great tomato, this year I am trying a new one, also an old sort, temporarily I named it Stari Istrski, in translation that would be Old Istrian. I am going to compare it with Istra, see, if they are the same, if not, I'll be glad to send you some pictures and later some seeds. Iva is also interested in trying it. Hope, you are well today.

Luigiwu, the seeds are being sprouted at the top of the fireplace, it is quite warm there, I have to be carefull not to fry them. Just as long, to see the sprout coming out, then I move them on the shelves. Ther is no artificial lightning, just our plain, old sun.
aj, if that new one you are trying turns out to be different from Istra I'd love some seeds in the Fall.

If you look at my recent seed offer here, in the Seed Exchange subforum labelled Trade, you'll see that I offered varieties from many places outside the US .

And for anyone who sends me a variety not yet highly circulated I also give back in same, as thanks, and that's separate from my seed offer.

Iva's English is superb, so is yours. Should I assume that most from Slovenia are that proficient with English?

As for me, I don't know one word in Slovenian.Well, I do know the words Istra and Primorski Pacug.

Carolyn