View Single Post
Old July 16, 2022   #18
Balr14
Tomatovillian™

What a year this has been for growing! After replacing 2 plants that were diseased, we had high winds and hail that destroyed all of my tomatoes on this side of my "garden" except those on each end and the right half of the plant that was second from the end on the right side. Plants on the opposite side of my garden were OK, so I lucked out there.

This was in the middle of June, so I was in a panic to find replacement plants. The garden center where I get my good plants had some leftover tomato plants they had not thrown out yet. But, they were a mess. There was like a hundred plants all clumped together, very stringy and scraggly looking and had not been watered in weeks. I dug through the mess and found about a dozen plants that looked like they were still half alive and paid $2.00 for the lot of them and took them home.

After looking them over and cleaning them up and pruning them, I found 6 that looked like they might survive and actually produce fruit. I stuck them all in the space I had in the left and middle container. I figured I'd see which ones do the best and toss the others.

Well, I got busy with other projects and didn't get a chance to play with the tomato plants again. So, here it is now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020098.jpg (326.3 KB, 157 views)
Balr14 is offline   Reply With Quote