View Single Post
Old February 7, 2016   #50
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Vladimir,
+10+12 C is usual temperature level for soil to transplant tomato seedlings in South of Russia. So you should expect a very high percent of surviving tomato plants of Pavel Saraev selection, because 0-33 can easily withstand light minus C as well as most of Saraev cold tolerant varieties! Russian gardeners used to sow Saraev varieties directly in the ground... So probably it's better to compare both ways for you if you would like, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
Growing tomato 0-33 is just an experiment for me - I want to try what temperature they can withstand. I assume most of the 52 transplants during this experiment will die. I do not need any harvest from these tomatoes. Historical data are indicative for me. I'll plant the first seedlings when the soil temperature 10-12 ° C and outdoor temperature (prediction three days) 15- 16 ° C. Another seedling, then I'll plant at intervals of several days.

Vladimír

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR

Last edited by Andrey_BY; February 7, 2016 at 12:58 PM.
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote