View Single Post
Old October 1, 2019   #5
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

You certainly don't have to follow the crowd and smoke everything but it's just another skill to have when needed, just like you mentioned ruining a brisket.

I grew up on BBQ, on a charcoal pit but somewhere along the way the named changed to grilling on a charcoal pit which is totally opposite of what I consider grilling. Grilling to me is cooking on a gas GRILL.

The taste of BBQ cooked on a charcoal pit with the only smoke is fat dripping on hot coals is what I would call BBQ. Also cooking with wood coals brings a whole new flavor. It's all a matter of preference and that's what brings BBQ to what you grew up on and how the cook makes BBQ.

I'm not opposed to either method of cooking, I use a gas grill for steaks, burgers and vegetables, the smoker for all types of meat and a charcoal pit for old school BBQ.
It's a pit but can be used as a smoker.

Ribs glazed with pecan pepper jelly and you still get a small smoke ring! There's those ribs with pull back Sqwibb talked about, YEP, wrapped in foil for 1 hour after the initial 1 hour cook then finished unwrapped for a few minutes.

BBQ sauced chicken.

This is a typical plate when I BBQ, rice dressing is a must.

Last edited by Rajun Gardener; October 1, 2019 at 10:26 AM.
Rajun Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote