View Single Post
Old May 1, 2008   #8
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

TZ, I reread your first post and hadn't realized you'd germinated a dozen more seeds and got no more deviations from the norm.

So that suggests to me that the PL Anna Russian may indeed be a stray seed, but you'll know soon enough.

The PL Red Brandywine started being distributed around 2000 and I know that the PL RB listed by TGS and Chuck Wyatt's old site were from Seeds by Design. And if one germinated those all the seedlings gave PL plants.

I don't know the exact origin of the Tomatofest RB seeds and haven't asked Gary and won't be asking him. Just curious but are the PL RB seeds on sale advertised as being PL RB with any other comment saying that true RB is RL? If not, that wouldn't surprise me b'c Linda at TGS lists both a PL and an RL Red Brandywine and neither one is true RB. She went out and got true RB from the Landis Museum and lists that.

She continues to list the others as they've been listed from the get go b'c so many folks like them, whatever they are, and since SBD doesn't know no one will know.