View Single Post
Old March 28, 2008   #4
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Hi,
At ours we started at like 1pm or so and everyone was pretty prompt with in the hour.(Not sure of the amount of people but over 30.) We put out all the tomatoes on paper plates with the name of the tomato. None were cut. Photos were take of all of them.(This is good if you have avid an photographer as a guest.) Once we were done photographing, a small group of us went around and cut one on each plate into small bit size pieces. This actually went by very fast.
Then we announced it was judging time. Everyone had a small score card with each category, best tasting, sweetest, boldest, and ugliest, listed with no scoring system, just right down your personal winner for each category. There was place at the bottom for notes if needed. Once everyone was done, I went and tallied the votes. We did have one tie, and I used the eldest tomato grower as the tie breaker.
This year though since there were so many tomatoes last year, I think we may ask people to decide which ones they think should be entered into a category and leave the rest for show/personal tasting.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote