View Single Post
Old March 23, 2006   #4
michael johnson
Tomatovillian™

Probably your right,in all aspects of what you said.

But after all my seeds- about a hundred and twenty varieties germinated except four, of which I kept them for another month and still "no show" using all the tricks in the trade- heat mats,seaweed sprays etc, etc,- not as much as a sausage appeared, and would you believe they were just the four I had been waiting for the most out of all of them, ( I say Rare tomatoes ) yes -but realy there is no such thing as a rare tomato- because once you have got it to grow and managed to save seed from only a couple of the resulting tomatoes- you have hundreds of seeds at your disposal- so realy its not rare anymore- to you,

But you would think that quite regardless of if or not the seed was 1 yr old, 2, 3, or even 4 or 5 yrs old, they would at least take the trouble to germination test the seeds before sending them out .

It is as you say, true that here in the Uk all seed packets have to have a sell by date stamped on them usualy one year after packaging date ( I only wish this was true for all countries ) as none of these seeds came fromthe UK, all were from the USA.and all from the one place.

I cant put names to the varieties involved as I dont wish to embarrase anyone personaly.
michael johnson is offline   Reply With Quote