View Single Post
Old January 19, 2008   #2
nctomatoman
TomatovilleŽ Moderator

Hey Jeff - I think that the various names given to the same varieties are due to different seed companies carrying the same varieties but switching some of the words around.

I will have to go back to see which company released Dwarf Champion. Companies that followed probably did some minor selections, thereby "improving" it- and put the word "Improved" either here or there.

Burpee was the company that released Golden Dwarf or Dwarf Golden Champion, so that should be the standard (I will have to go back and look at my scans or catalogs to see which it was).

At least Dwarf Stone seems to be consistent!

By the way, some of you may have noticed that Livingston released a red fruited tree type named Dwarf Aristocrat, and a yellow one named Dwarf Yellow Prince - neither of which seems to exist by those names (perhaps Dwarf Stone was a selection or improvement or renaming of Artistocrat...and Dwarf Yellow Prince is either the same tomato as or a selection of Golden Dwarf Champion...it would be so great if Livingston's company growing notes were ever discovered or made available, if they indeed still exist!).