View Single Post
Old February 16, 2024   #4
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
Gary, MY Wizard of Oz dwarf series are not microdwarfs and I have never said they were. They are dwarfs from my short and sweet breeding project and they are all very beautiful and delicious, perfect for pots and patios.

But Dan, I do have some fun micros in the making including some Multiflora and some striped varieties which are unique and origional and bred by me and are also part of my dwarf breeding work and so they are all “ short and sweet” micro to 5’ tall Twister.
I’ll be releasing several soon, perhaps for next winter depending on how the season goes
if you or others are are interested, have a look at my Northern Gardener page on FB or Instagram there are lots of pictures.
There are also photos here under the heading short and sweet.
Meanwhile no doubt you can find plenty of others many of which are rather hard to tell apart from my perspective.
Karen Olivier
You've been around long enough to know how frustrating it is to see others mislabel everything under the sun. I'm constantly correcting Karma to KARMA.

There is a small group that is trying to "correct" it. By doing so, they remove the "micro" designation, and replace it with "mini". If you don't like the mini term, I can ask then to not use it. I prefer to just use dwarf and micro dwarf, as a "mini", to me, IS a dwarf. I think that it keeps them from confusing determinate dwarf varieties from the Dwarf Project "tree type" dwarf indeterminates. A few of them also are calling some full sized determinates as a dwarf.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote