View Single Post
Old February 28, 2023   #1
mcsee
Tomatovillian™

Default Aussie Grown Tomatoes

Our 2022/23 Tomato season is over and all plants now removed from the garden. Overall, we got off to a slow start, but it picked up, giving us plenty of tomatoes to eat and cook with. Standouts in the garden were numerous, with the surprise contributor being my own cross, which I named Macalister after the river that runs through our town.

Macalister was a cross I made in 2019, after finding that the Sweet Ozark Orange I got from Ozark and grew turned out too sweet for our liking, so I used its pollen on a red Romanian tomato we'd been growing for some years, the resulting fruit was the end result, a nice tasting yellow tomato. Macalister this year grew in trusses of up to 8 fruits, ranging in weight from 400 - 450 grams. The fruit has a great flavor, my wife's favourite tomato again this year. Hopefully by the time it's stable it will find its way to a few growers, but until then, we'll keep enjoying it each season.

I'll post a few more varieties that did well here that were worthy of a mention.

mcsee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2023-02-15 12.31.26.jpg (119.3 KB, 111 views)
mcsee is offline   Reply With Quote