View Single Post
Old February 16, 2023   #20
jhp
Tomatovillian™

Hello! So last summer I grew one plant each from seeds saved from Sugar Bomb and Flavor Bomb. I didn't have any luck at the time getting Honey Bomb at the store. I've since saved seeds and will try Honey Bomb this year.

So I like the Flavor Bombs I grew. Very good flavor, huge plant, and prolific. Grew out looking like the original. I did not do a side by side taste test because it seemed crazy to buy tomatoes when I have more than I can eat from my own garden. First ripe fruit was 55 days from plant out. I will grow them again this year from seeds saved from my plant. That says a lot that it has been invited back. I trial many tomatoes and only grow again ones I really like.

Flavor Bomb on the vine.

This is Flavor Bomb in with Honey Drop.

Flavor Bomb and Sugar Bomb plants July 14, 58 days after plant out. Sugar Bomb left and Flavor Bomb Right.

Flavor Bomb and Sugar Bomb fruit (with honey drop on the bowl too).

Sugar Bomb did not grow out anywhere close to the original. The shape was wrong, they were much longer with an extra wave to them, like miniature paste tomatoes. Most importantly they were very bland. If I let them sit on the counter for a week or more, then they developed some sweetness. First ripe was 57 days from plant out. Huge plant, prolific. They are not invited back.

Sugar Bomb on the vine.

Last edited by jhp; February 16, 2023 at 02:21 PM.
jhp is offline   Reply With Quote