View Single Post
Old June 16, 2022   #15
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJustice View Post
I grow only Organically. There is many different Organic Fertilizers that I have tried, and ar very helpful. Sometimes when my plants outgrow their pots, I have a short lives problems that is solved when planted in larger pots or Transplanting to the Farm cutting off lower limbs always work. But the Biggest problem I see from problems like this is "Root System Failure in Heirloom Plants". Native Americans has taught me the importance of digging a deep hole full of water, before planting historical Heirloom plants. This free up the Roots System as they grow.

But, I am concern with the Advice of 'Bleaching any Seeds. I feel Bleach with negatively damage the Seed Natural Structure. Please explain how you Bleach your Seeds as we know Why you Bleach your Seeds?

Mrs J, I know bleaching seeds is not organically approved, but it doesn't affect them at all. I cannot remember the ratio of water to bleach because I mix it and usually use it for 2 or 3 years and only on seeds I buy that I have no idea how they were saved. For example the seeds I bought from Heritage this year I did not bleach because I know they were either hot water treated or fermented and bleached. I do not bleach my saved seeds.

It is a very diluted solution and I just add the seeds, let sit for 3 minutes or so, swish em around a little bit and put in a strainer and rinse for a few minutes under running water. The reason for this precautionary step is to remove any pathogens that might remain on the seed coat. Other that that I am totally 100 percent organic.
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote