View Single Post
Old June 11, 2022   #12
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

I grew Jalafuego F1...maybe 5-6 years back. One of my first Johnnys orders. Just a packet. Very big, very hot, very productive. I forgot to order the next time I made an order there, that, or very possibly they were out of the larger packs, because IMO the packet price is exorbitant. The second year I only had a few seeds left an I don't know if I got any to germinate. So I grew out the F2, not selected at all. The F3. I haven't really seen a change in hottness. Could be smaller size. I generally let them go red, or at least thatched skin. Only at the very beginning or very end of harvest do I pick green, smooth jalapenos.

I don't know if the seed this year is F4 or F5 or if I went back to the F2? My seeds are a mess. But I haven't really seen much difference to my novice hot pepper eyes. I may have simply took better care of them the first year, or it could be the F1 was truly bigger.

But any of them have been better than "early jalapeno" which was my first "from seed" jalapeno and very unproductive.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote