View Single Post
Old June 1, 2022   #397
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I have become so accustomed to losing around 10% of my plants to TSWV that I hardly react to it each year since that time I lost almost 30%of my entire planting. It is just the price of planting tomatoes down here.

Like last year was a banner year for growing and producing tomatoes, this year is turning out to be a banner year for TSWV. I planted one bed with 14 ungrafted plants and have so far removed 5 with one disease or another. I planted another bed of grafted plants three weeks ago and have had to remove 11 but I will definitely be removing more in the next few days. I also planted another smaller bed with 18 grafted plants 4 days ago and so far none of them have gotten sick yet.

I sure wasn't planning on planting more but if some of my recent grafts done a week ago survive I may even put out another small batch. I know it is getting really late down here for setting out tomatoes. I garden for fun and the exercise I get tending to the plants all summer. I will keep posting my progress or lack thereof in what looks to be a most challenging season this year.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote