View Single Post
Old April 6, 2022   #17
jhp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac21686 View Post
Danbury? I'm in Brookfield and go to the Danbury Whole Foods for them and Sumo mandarins all the time! Funny, I've only seen the Honey Bombs the last few trips. I don't recall seeing Flavor but I've picked up a few Sugar Bombs in the past. They're pretty good but I don't think I'm letting them ripen enough so I'm not too crazy about them. A lot of people seem to like the Flavor Bombs the best but I haven't had them yet. I like the Honey Bombs probably slightly underripe so there's a little bit of a zing to them but you still get the sweetness. Plus they're crunchier which I enjoy for a cherry tomato.
Hi neighbor! So you're the one scooping up all the bomb tomatoes.

Yes, I've gotten them in all stages of ripening. Since they ripen from the top down, I eat the top ones first and work my way down the bunch. I'm pretty sure, my husband just grabs whatever one his hand hits first, which is fine by me because I want the top ones. Big difference in ripe and unripe sugar bombs. I like all three and favor the Sugar Bombs because I like a grape shape better, it's a texture thing. I think Flavor Bombs have more "tomato" flavor, especially the less ripe ones. I haven't had the Honey Bombs many times due to availability. I do like crunchy, so I'll keep trying to get them. I can pretty much count on finding Flavor and/or Sugar Bombs at Stop & Shop. Whole Foods has been less reliable. I asked the woman stocking tomatoes last time I was there and she said they were out and she had put some out that morning. Oh well.

I did sprout some seeds from Flavor Bombs and Sugar Bombs. We'll see how they do. I only plan to grow one plant of each in my garden.
jhp is offline   Reply With Quote