View Single Post
Old October 26, 2021   #24
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak54 View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about GWR & white tomatoes. I can relate to your comment. I've been growing tomatoes for a very long time and never grown a GWR tomato because of my personal bias similar to what you mentioned. But that is going to change this year when I sow my Green Giant seeds for the first time. For me my bias comes from my ignorance about GWR tomatoes. I think I'll eat my first couple blind folded so I'm not influenced by what I see. Reminds me of a similar story about red peppers. I once took some of my best & sweetest red peppers to a friend and told her & her husband that these were very sweet peppers. A week later I asked how they liked them and found out they threw them out cause in their mind all red peppers were hot. So I think I am also biased about different colors of tomatoes in a similar way. Hopefully I can break my prejudice & bias by educating myself & not limiting myself to my favorite type of tomato which is a pink beefsteak. Ignorance is not a good thing and hopefully I'll be a little less ignorant by the end of the 2021 growing season.

Dan
I grow one GG every year, and they are very good. We also used it as breeding stock and got good results and cool twists with segregated families.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote