View Single Post
Old June 20, 2021   #43
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Thanks! It’s been very interesting observing the progress. My crosses have not been made with any of the dwarf project varieties but rather between several different very small commercial dwarfs and full size very flavourful Indeterminate beefsteaks or an unreleased dwarf breeding line I stabilized myself crossed with non dwarf OP Tomatoes including some of my own now. Looking for early enough to grow here as I find many dwarfs are quite late as well as something original and flavourful on healthy and productive plants. A tall order for “ “short and sweet” dwarfs and very much still a work in progress although Teresa and I feel Sweet Baby Jade is stable and consistent so F8 seed will likely be made available later in summer. It’s not a house sized micro though at 2-3’.
The project has evolved to include all my dwarf tomatoes in progress not just the smallest mostly due to low productivity and less flavour in many ( most) very small plants available in general ( no matter what the seed sellers might tell you ) they are fun to grow to chase away the winter blahs but the indoor micros ive grown have universally disappointing flavour and are often very slow to fruit. Grown in the greenhouse or outdoors though some can be really quite good so it’s definitely environmentally influenced. Real sun is a beautiful thing.
I think These will be best grown outdoors or in the greenhouse but for those with good indoor setups they might be worth a try as well. I grew some indoors and had some pretty decent fruit this winter but they are way better in the greenhouse imo
KarenO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCE9818B-261F-45B3-B43A-704B205E4341.jpg (215.1 KB, 147 views)
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote