View Single Post
Old March 18, 2021   #29
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Hi - another quick update ......

Dwarfs are now 2 days shy of 7 weeks old.

I took all of them out of kratky today and potted them up in WonderSoil in 18 oz cups. The roots were pretty long (typical of Kratky) so I sort of had to had to swirl them over the bottom portion of the cup in order to get a good deal of the stem buried. Hopefully they won't be too stressed!

They've been pretty much hardened off in terms of sun exposure but weather-wise they haven't been exposed to much below 60 degrees unprotected. Tonight won't go below 53 so I'll be leaving them out in their new overnight home - old refrigerator drawers insulated (with reflectix) on the covered patio. A few extra plants are in a more or less insulated 3.5 gallon bucket.

They're crowded right now, but I'll spread them out so they have some room to stretch a bit when the weather allows. We'll be having a few warmish days (with rain) coming up but then a few dips down into the low 40's so I probably won't be able to plant out until April.

In addition to the photos of the dwarfs this afternoon, I've got a photo from 2 days ago before transplanting - just to compare whatever .

The Dwarf Wild Fred I started a few days have sprouted and are now under lights and I started some Dwarf Sweet Scarlet yesterday. Not sure if I'll try an other varieties.

I'm really having fun with the dwarfs. They're so co-operative - so sturdy looking and a beautiful shade of green. Fingers crossed that they still look so enchanting in the morning!!

Anyway - fwiw!

Anne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dwarfs 316 1.jpg (206.9 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg dwarfs 318 1.jpg (211.7 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg dwarfs 318 2.jpg (191.1 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg dwarfs 318 3.jpg (239.0 KB, 96 views)
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote