Thread: Soaking Seeds
View Single Post
Old March 6, 2021   #26
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
The main problem with sowing Rooted Parsley is that the seeds germinate for up to three weeks. They are sown to a depth of about 1/2 inch. It is a problem to keep the soil moist in the flower bed all this time. The soil dries quickly in the spring and when you water the bed, it forms a shell and it is even worse. Covering with non-woven fabric does not help much. I still have plenty of time for possible sowing of Rooted Parsley, so I bought two packages of seeds and I want to try at home how to prepare the seeds for sowing in the flowerbed.
1. In one gardening book, I read that Rooted Parsley germinates better in light than in darkness. (I will have part of the seeds germinating in the light / 1 / and part in the dark / 2 / and I will compare the results)
2. I will soak part of the seeds in a diluted bleach for about 5 minutes. I want to remove germination inhibitors / 3 /. Dilution as used by b54red.
3. I also read that some herbs should help to remove germination inhibitors, but I don't really believe it. / 4 /. I don´t know, which.
4. Use a fertilizer as recommended for germination of old seeds / 5 /. I will now have to go through the threads which it deal with this problem on this forum. Does anyone else have any ideas that I could test?
Vladimír
I tried everything, germination in the light, in the dark, with the addition of fertilizer and also immersion in bleach. I didn't know any difference, everything germinated in eight to ten days. I want to test the possibility of making from sprouted seeds made sowing tapes. I'm just worried the glue won't break the sprouted seeds. I still have some time to test it at home.
Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2177.jpg (71.1 KB, 78 views)
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote