View Single Post
Old February 7, 2021   #3
zendog
Tomatovillian™

They aren't on your current list, but Fish Lake Oxheart (earlier than most) is great, and my favorite for flavor and good production was Grightmire's Pride. Kosovo, grown beside these, does have good production and some very large maters but wasn't as tasty as either of these other two to me. I grew crushed heart, which was a very pretty tomato and pretty good for production but wasn't as flavorful as these other two.

I don't see Wes or Anna Russian on your list, which I often see on favorite heart lists but haven't grown yet myself. Have you tried those before so they just aren't on the list this year?

Also not on your list, but of the yellow and orange hearts I tried, Nizami was definitely the best for flavor. But I haven't tried Orange Russian 117, which many like, so I'm giving that a try this year. I guess that is more of a bicolor though.

I'll be following this thread and look forward to hearing other people's thoughts on your great list, particularly for some of the newer ones I've been considering giving a try like Taiga and the other from KarenO.

Last edited by zendog; February 7, 2021 at 10:35 AM.
zendog is offline   Reply With Quote