Thread: Micro Move
View Single Post
Old December 13, 2020   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default Micro Move

The micro tomatoes have outgrown the lights on the plant stand. I switched out the light fixture over the new table setup from an old T-12 to one of my newer T-8's.

There are two kinds of tubes in the fixture. One is 3000k and the other one is 6500k "bright daylight", supposedly to give a wider range of light spectrum or so the theory goes. It's something I read about and have been using the past two years. The plants seem to grow a bit faster than under the old same-same tubes but the plants do tend to lean a little towards the brighter tube so I turn them around every day.

Lots of blooms coming on! The first photo is Red Robin and the second is Lille Lise:

Playing pollinator, I've picked a flower and rubbed it on the others, dabbed flowers on the same plant with a stripped down q-tip and also buzzed blooms and fat buds with the cheap electric toothbrush. Hopefully there will be some fruit setting. The plants spent their first day outside yesterday getting a little real sun as the temp was 69 all afternoon but I brought them back in for the night.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote