View Single Post
Old September 18, 2020   #13
Volvo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
Thanks Volvo.

I decided to mix a fresh bag of seed raising mix with perlite and repot half of my seedlings.
I have 2 plants of each variety, so i left 1 of each variety alone and 1 of each in a different mix to hedge my bets and see which ones grow better going forward.

If i'm going to get disappointed again i might as well experiment a little, and i'm starting more seeds as well.

Dont know what it is with Seed Raising Mix this year although most the seeds rear the little heads okay but they dont want to last the distance and grow nice n healthy till plantout.
That why ive been seeding mostly in soil block or make my own mixture of soil black mixture with Peat Moss , Pearlite , Bit of Compost , Fertiliser Granules slow release , and maybe a bit of Coco Core (Fine).
Holds together and seedling do well in it .
At least so far they have ..
When to the stage of planting just drop each one in its prepped planting hole with a little Fresh Fish at the bottom of the hole and seems to do the job nicely.
Though this last lot of seedling which some are looking poorly but think thats due to our Council water which evreyone in the neighbourhood thinks it been overclorinated ??..
And Your Better Best
Volvo is offline   Reply With Quote