View Single Post
Old October 6, 2007   #20
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Good Morning All....at least I think its morning...

We're having freak weather here for Thanksgiving and Oktoberfest. Think we were over 34C with the humidex added in yesterday! Crazy indeed.

After over 18 hours working at the Festhalle yesterday....and over about 1700 through the doors (including staff and guests of Honeymoon Suite - last night's headline act)I came home, let the dogs out for a bit, barely remembered to let them in, and fell face first into my bed. Only the need to wake the dogs and hit the farmer's market to pick up the pre-ordered turkey got my butt out of bed, and me semi conscious at this time. Very successful night....few incidents and judging my the condition and mood of those I saw leaving, a good night was had by all. One Day of Oktoberfest down, 7 operating days to go. I'm thinking sleep..........sleeeeeeeeeep.....sleeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeep, is a highly underrated commodity and activity at the moment. Sighhhhhhhhh....chuckle. Tonight is PrideToberfest....and ticket sales have been good. Somebody suggested that I google it...and it came back with over 15 pages....many repeats, but allot all the same, considering that its only the second year of the event. Even made something new to wear tonight....its quite colourful, and I have an even better idea for some "pride-wear" for working the front door. We try to have at least one person in "tracht" (Lederhosen, Bundhosen or Dirndls) in each work area.......mine is the front gate entrance. Its going to be allot of fun and highly entertaining. Our headliners the BGirlz had informed us that they've been writing new material just for tonight and are bringing a camera crew too.

Time to go check out my toms and beans, I didn't get near them yesterday. Too busy. With this heat, I'm getting new flowers...go figure.

For my fellow Canucks, best wishes for a very Happy, Safe and Healthy Thanksgiving. For my neighbours south of the border, Happy Columbus Day! And for the rest of TV, have a great weekend too.
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote