View Single Post
Old August 11, 2020   #6
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

Very nice. I grew Aunt Ginny's Purple one year, there were a few nice ones around a pound, but nothing like that! Pretty good tasting as I recall.

QAGuy, I hope you don't mind but I would love to see a few pics and a short story of everyone's biggest tomato. You've chosen an excellent title for it.

The biggest I ever picked was an OR117 a few years back. I think it was 2lb 8oz. Tasted great. Picked it from my brother's garden. They were always going on vacation just around the time the garden started to need daily picking. I went up to get their dogs to take home for a week, and raided the garden before I left. It was my seed start anyway, so I should get credit for it?!? Unfortunately that was the last good season with OR117. The next two years OR117 didn't do much and ended up mushy/tasteless. This year, it was skipped. Point being, remember the good ones!

Found pics, 2lb 9oz and my brother left it on the vine to go to the shore...it tasted excellent. 8/21/17 that was, according to the watch. Wow, I have a lot more scars on that arm now...same watch though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2lb9ozOR117a.jpg (127.0 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 2lb9ozOR117d.jpg (139.2 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 01.JPG (109.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 02.JPG (115.6 KB, 67 views)
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote