View Single Post
Old July 14, 2020   #28
strawbaleking
Tomatovillian™

Hi, I am growing the Chef's Choice hybrids black, orange, green, and pink.

The black was seeded in feb and had fruits starting earlier than any of my other plants. The taste was very good, but the texture has a small window for best, try to pick with slight green shoulders and squeeze test. Anyway, really a great tomato, some cracking during the heat.

I also planted Parks Purple Boy hybrid for comparison of another dark hybrid and it's very good, somewhat smaller, no cracking and texture had longer window. Both very productive, but the chef's has been so far somewhat more.

The orange, green, and pink was not seeded till April. They all have tons of good sized tomatoes, still green, on them and size wise plants caught up to the black. (5 feet) All very healthy plants. I will report on taste and texture when they are ready.

I am considering trying the Purple and Yellow now. How can all of these have won AAS awards(not that I don't think they don't deserve it) but that's alot of tomatoes coming out of one company in a short period of time and they win AAS awards....

Anyway, thanks for all of you commenting, please add more.
Gary
strawbaleking is offline   Reply With Quote