Thread: mid season mess
View Single Post
Old July 4, 2020   #11
biscuitridge
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinPA View Post
LOL okay. Thank you. I do see a bed mentioned. I thought maybe he had too much sun but it turns out that was me. I kept re-reading "All single stem plants that produced between 300 and 400 tomatoes but best of all at least 100 of them were well over a pound and wonderful tasting". I think it was Bill a few years back that had a "town plot" of Big Boys? that he took something like 600 tomatoes off of six plants.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showpost....1&postcount=36 correction it was TomatoDon with the other BB tomatoes, but Bill had posted in that thread. I always gave him credit for that in my head...sorry Don! I was thinking Bill regularly grew 100 per plant...but 300 seemed incredible, even for him. :bow

I had an Estiva F1 one year with great morning sun and mid-late afternoon shade that I picked well over 100, but they were tennis ball to raquetball size. I want to say around 138 total? That was a CRW cage allowed to sprawl and not a hint of disease practically the entire year. So I was trying to wrap my head around how much more sun/longer the season they get in Alabama to grow 300 per plant single stem!
That's an incredible harvest,you had from that one plant, great job!
biscuitridge is offline   Reply With Quote