Thread: mid season mess
View Single Post
Old June 30, 2020   #5
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I can't take the heat like I used to but I have found that if you gradually increase your time in the heat and humidity as the season moves along you get more acclimated to it. Of course down here there is just so much of it an old man can take. I just came in to dry off and change shirts and will go out for a short time again but I doubt I will last more than 30 minutes out there now. It isn't as bad as yesterday because there is a slight breeze and the humidity is fairly low at 73% although the temps are well into the 90s here already.

I have a garden cart like that one you have the umbrella attached to. It is great for picking beans and peas in raised beds but I can't find much use for it during the summer when all we have are a few cucumbers, squash, peppers and tomatoes. Mine is six years old and I am expecting the tires to blow anytime now. I don't have an umbrella on mine but under my shed I do have one of those high velocity fans which really helps when I take a short water break. Oh well, its time to get back to it.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote