View Single Post
Old May 17, 2020   #13
TedB
Tomatovillian™

Default After thoughts

Evrebody thanks for your "twisted tomto" thinking/thoughts. Thanks again. My 2020 Miracle-Gro experience was a lesson of sorts. Sorts in the sense that I've "trusted" local green waste compost with only one or two so-so herbicide-related experiences. The Miracle-Gro corporation makes/sells a ton of ag related products..available almost everywhere. And most are okay if a bit pricey.

Since moving out here from southern Illinois/downsizing from a Farmer's Market grower to a raised bed 12' x 35' greenhouse grower (2000) like Lee I've used MG grow mix both as a germinating and for potting-up seedlings with good results. As I wrote earlier I'll go (and stay) with Pro-Mix or Sunshine here on out.

This year my largely East European tomato and compact sweet pepper trial varieties are down by 2/3. My garlic collection looks good going into the last half of May. We had a 1/2-3/4 inch rain overnight that brought out the slugs to feast on my celery..never saw so many. I Sluggoed after the fact. Again thanks all for your considerations/thoughts. ted

Last edited by TedB; May 17, 2020 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Spelling/word choice.
TedB is offline   Reply With Quote