View Single Post
Old April 28, 2020   #11
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Hi Bower (been following along with alot of your posts although I haven't been posting myself for a while).

Thanks for the cardboard tip, but the weeds in the paths as well as the raised beds were so bad that I couldn't even get my wheelchair in the garden area to assess things. I thought "well, forget that" (or words to that effect ) and Kratky seemed like a good alternative to the main garden at the time.

I transplanted Eva Purple Ball yesterday and Dester, Aunt Ginny's Purple, and KBX today. I'm attaching a photo - looks like they're doing OK so far. They went into Wonder Soil hydrated with water from the garden hose, then once planted dosed with about 10 oz of the Master Blend mix pH balanced that they'd been growing in. The plants are pretty leggy as they kept getting bleached out under the really hot sun we've been having so they've been under the shade of the patio quite a bit. Anyway..... we'll see what happens - I'm always prepared for some unexpected disappointment in the garden somewhere along the line but so far it's looking good, I think (Oh, except for a bird - or some mystery creature - removing the growing tip of my Big Beef! At least there are two suckers forming that I can let grow out).

Anne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200428_114840.jpg (112.6 KB, 39 views)
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote