View Single Post
Old September 30, 2007   #16
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Mike,
The Mennonite Beans (WCMPB's) have done quite well....better after the heat eased off in mid August. The funny thing, is that I'd left most of the remaining pods on the vines for seed. Well what do I find this morning - at least a dozen new flowers! Who knows if the weather with hold, but I'm crossing my fingers for a number of reasons. Most of the toms are just starting to ripen in the past 10 days (except for the cherries). So have been getting to taste some of the varieties of seeds you sent me back a year or more ago now for the first time. Yummmmmmm so far. Thanks. I've got about 25lbs of beans stashed in the freezer.....I decided to grow more for seed than freezing this year....although I did eat quite a bit of the early stuff. Not bad all things considered...Planted about 20 plants in two huge containers. It got more than 9 ft high before I had to create supports for the supports or they fall over.

I'll toast ya when I'm all done with Oktoberfest...unless I go out when our Festhalle is dark. But that's almost like taking coal to Newcastle...lol....maybe I could call it research???
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote