View Single Post
Old December 18, 2019   #54
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
I've grown both. I thought the Hawaiian Pineapple was a good variety and the Hillbilly was also good, but I don't remember it as well as the HP. I think my seed also came from Tomatofest. I did receive an email from them today giving me a heads up on a seed sale. I've pretty much reverted to growing hybrids due to improved disease resistance and overall fruit quality in my growing zone. Tomatofest doesn't sell hybrid seeds.

I also seem to remember the Hawaiian Pineapple didn't store well after it ripened.
I grow 2 different Hawaiian Heirloom Seeds; One from Tomatofest and one from the Hawaiian Native Americans people. The one from the Hawaiians Natives has a fruity taste but looks like the Hillbillies Heirloom and the Hawaiian Heirloom Tomatoes I grow from Tomatofest are the Heirlooms grown across the United states for over 150 years that taste of a pineapple but are pure orange in colors with highlights. The Heirloom Tomatoes seeds i get from Tomatofest is the same ones I received from 'The Late Great Carolyn Male. So that how I know Tomatoefest Heirloom Tomatoes are true in-fact.

I gave the Hillbillies to some neighbors each years and sell them. So this year I will be studying the difference between them to list both on my website. Since the neighbors loved them so much I must include them both. It do seem that the Hillbillies are bigger with more of a yellow color with pure red on the bottom. I sell out of my Hawaiian Tomatoes seeds each year and sell the Hillbillies at our market during summer. since we finally replaced our farming equipment lost in 2016 flooding; I want a Big Grand Reopening. Amen!!!!
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote