View Single Post
Old December 14, 2019   #52
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
Apparently, the reputation of Tomatofest has improved over the years. For many years, some folks on this site and other sites claimed Tomatofest sometimes renamed some old varieties to indicate they were new varieties discovered by Tomatofest. It did create some confusion with growers who were not sure if they received and grew old or newly discovered varieties.

I ordered from them a few times and never had a problem. I did receive some free seeds from them which I grew out. I believe they were called Daphnes Gold or something like that. I happened to be growing KBX that year and the free seeds produced fruit and plants absolutely identical to the KBX fruit and plants. Like the KBX, they produced great tomatoes abundantly and they were free so I had no complaint.
I Order Tomatofest Hillbilly Heirloom Tomatoes Seeds. My project next years is to Grow out the Hillbilly and my Hawaiian Pineapple Heirloom Seeds I received from them in 2003 on my different farming lots for a taste difference. The Hillbilly are bigger than the Hawaiians Tomatoes as I grow them 10 years ago.
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote