View Single Post
Old July 19, 2019   #56
taboule
Tomatovillian™

A few laggards this year- due to my trip in early spring, I didn't put much effort into starting peppers -or rather, I did try, but didn't fare too good. I only managed to transplant two frying type peppers (also Greek, from seeds DW brought back from the old country a couple years ago.) This guy isn't doing bad, small but healthy.
greek-pepper.jpg

Here's Walla Walla row, a little disappointed I don't see the root getting big yet, we're mid summer. I planted them as shallow as I could, and soil is plenty fertile -especially with N, which I understand is good for onions as it helps develop lots of leaves. No worries, these guys serve double duty as scallions, I always steal a few leaves when making a salad.

wallas.jpg

Lastly below are the few garlic I managed to plant very late last october/november(?), from left over food stock. Just noticed the funny scapes that showed up the past week. Been reading Bower's garlic thread with interest. Form the pic, does anyone think these are ready? I'll try pulling one this weekend to see -i dont have too many. Something on the list for next year to allocate lots of space for.

tbc...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garlic.jpg (257.2 KB, 79 views)
taboule is offline   Reply With Quote