Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old July 16, 2019   #326
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKitmitto View Post
My results have been so amazing. I was honestly thinking my tomato year was over before it even got started. I did a regimen of the bleach spray and then wait 2 days, cut off all dying foliage and then I went in with a mixture of copper and neem oil. I had to do several times but the plants are nice and lush and healthy looking now. I'm so grateful for all of the knowledge and support in this forum!
Keep up the copper spraying every 10 days and keep a close eye out for the return of any of the diseases you have been dealing with. If you get Early Blight then try removing all affected leaves and spraying with Daconil for prevention.

Due to the dry weather and extremely high temps my problem this year on my tomatoes has been spider mites. I thought after the nearly inch of rain we got last week that it would help with them but no such luck. I had to get out the Permethrin, Dawn and DE and spray all my tomatoes. Up til this week I hadn't had any mites on my newer plants but they are leaving the dying dried up old ones they have ruined and are now getting into my new plants so all my tomato plants got a good thorough spraying yesterday. I had to do this a month or so ago and it worked really good and the plants started back setting fruit again and making tomatoes. This time after a week or so I will do it again just to make sure.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote