View Single Post
Old September 16, 2007   #19
Tom Wagner
Crosstalk™ Forum Moderator

Carolyn,

Quote:
And I hear you on all that has to happen before you can release anything and as you know you and I have also talked about that before as well although this time your list is longer
Adding to my list of what it would take to get me release stuff. Current vernacular, trendy sayings, popular quotes, and the gistinesses of life in general propel one to write things that are near sacri-tomatoan.

An A. Gonxha Bojaxhiu moment as might be experienced by a tomato breeder writing in a personal diary.

Beware the caprice, the whimsy, the vagaries, and the crotchetiness and the seemingly farfetchedness of this writer! Plagiarism mixed with originalism is just a oxymoronic way of saying "Original Copy."

"At times in my own inner being, I feel the terrible pain of this loss of tomato diversity within my own tomato breeding work, let alone in other's work. The everlasting life that a tomato variety has—if it is released and the dear souls save seed of it---begs that I release more varieties. But how? I feel that The Tomato God does not want me, that The Tomato God is not really a Tomato God and that he does not really exist."

Note to self: Get a hold of yourself and start believing in yourself, and don't believe everything you might have written somewhere. Is there a ever a doubt about the heavenly nature of a really good tomato?

Go to this following topic on TVille.com for off topic fun

The Tomato God—and it was good!

Tom Wagner
Tom Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote