View Single Post
Old May 23, 2019   #469
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Aloha Tom, I thought about this all day, and I agree completely. Baby steps, and sometimes we push on to dinosaur sized steps all in hopes that we get it right.

I thought I had tomato growing in buckets of pro mix sort of understood, but I really didn't. The 4-18-38 - 15.5-0-0 -Epsom Salt is a hydro type thing. I guess, maybe? Who knows? All I do know is the tomato plants look good, and some have small cherry tomatoes on them already. I'm learning.

I did take some dinosaur sized steps this year. I planted peppers in the same pro mix/MG type mix in the containers. Pepper plants and tomato plants need a different amount of water. Pepper plants needing much less water. I have given the tomato plants 4-18-38 - 15.5-0-0 -Epsom Salt for about a week now that the daily rains stopped. I water/feed them with 3/4 gallon of water each day. The pepper plants have gotten a half gallon of water, but by the mix feel - they need a break from the watering/feeding. We have picked peppers 3 times already. So far, the dinosaur steps have worked out. (Comparison: pepper plants do not produce in soil here in May)
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote