View Single Post
Old May 9, 2019   #4
loulac
Tomatovillian™

I’m glad to see disaster has been avoided. I can’t help making some comments on the pictures :

I notice different shades of grey in the soil. There can be different kinds of mix or a lighter grey means lack of water. The roots of some seedlings may not have reached the bottom of their compartment and need watering on the surface. Later of course half an inch of water under the flat will solve the problem;

I think the seedlings might need a bit more light. Why not lower the lightning while checking the temperature to avoid roasting the seedlings ?

To catch up lost time it’s always possible to boost them with a lot of strong sunlight, a high temperature, water and fertilizer. The accident will be forgotten.

I suppose you won’t throw away the labels. If you drill a hole at the top you can tie them to each pole. I used to carefully collect mine in alphabetical order at the end of the season to use them again the following year, now I clean them with acetone and a cotton swab, they are as good as new and labeling became much faster.
loulac is offline   Reply With Quote