View Single Post
Old September 10, 2007   #23
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumierefrere View Post
This is one of the best sources for extreme chocolate on the net. www.chocosphere.com. They carry all the finest brands, estate chocolates and in all sizes and shapes. They'll ship during the summer but you pay for the dry ice/special packing.

Ah ye of little faith, you think I don't know about chocosphere?

Fact is, I get a goodly amount of my eating chocolate from King Arthur Baking Company where the prices are superb. But they've stopped carrying Valrhona, so I have to go elsewhere.

And there's a local place near Albany that I also order from and their prices and choco are excellent; that's Krauses, and I've known Tom Krause and his excellent products for many years. Also local is the Peanut Principle for all sorts of nuts and much more. For either of these two places if I call before noon UPS is here with the stuff the next day. Near the small village where I live there's also an excellent chocolatier but I hate paying Xavier's prices.

Problem is, come about Oct 1st I've decided I have to go back on my diet b'c I want to olose another about 60 lbs by next July 1. That will make a total loss of a bit more than 100#. And towards that end I've been buying some clothes in sizes I aspire to.

But if I want to get something a bit further out, for maybe $6/3 oz bar, then chocosphere is the place.