View Single Post
Old January 23, 2019   #29
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

Hooked up the Cloudline vent fan and controller. This thing is actually pretty cool.

Moved the plants into their new home... again!

Added the humidifier.

Played with the cloudline vent fan settings. With all 3 lights on and the vent fan set to 78°F, the heat in the tent hovers around 80°F - 82°F. I will need to play around a bit with the garage temperature and how to draw the air in for cooling. I closed off the top vents and opened the bottom vents to pull in some of the cooler air that is drafting from the garage door. I'll need about a week to find the sweet spot.

I have to access the seedling/greens table with the side door. I just need to make sure I leave a clearing in the tent to access the table.

The extension cord was getting a bit too hot for my comfort, so I turned the lamps down to 50% until I can get a heavy duty appliance extension cord installed.

January 22nd, 2019

I switched out the extension cord for a heavy duty appliance extension cord and installed one of the fans, the fan runs the entire time the lights are on.

Added the mini oil heater to the tent. I am tweaking the heat in the garage and in the tent so it will take time to dial it in properly, I may get a digital thermostat for the heater in the tent but hopefully I can tweak it without more electronics. The tent stays at 79°-80° degrees with all three grow lights on and the cloudline set to 78°F. Pulling air in from the bottom back of the tent has helped keep the tent a few degrees cooler.

My goal is to have the garage between 65°F - 70°F and the tent between 72°F - 80°F.

Organized my herbs on a tray in 1 gallon pots, Parsley, Chives, Cilantro and Basil.

I planted some more lettuce varieties.

There is definitely a learning curve to the AC Infinity duct fan, when I got home the temp in the tent was 59°F, ooops! I started playing with the settings and realized that I had the fan set to go on when the temp dropped to a lower temperature, anyhow, I scrolled to the low humidity and set that to "off" then I scrolled to the low temperature and set that to "off".

A quick note about the AC Infinity Cloudline T4 Duct fan, well actually a quick note about the company. I ordered this through Amazon at $119.00, yeah I know, its a bit pricey, anyhow I saw it on Amazon the next day for $99.00...really.

I immediately wrote to the seller AC Infinity asking for a refund of the difference, but not expecting a refund, I got an e-mail approving the refund for the difference...including tax!

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote