View Single Post
Old September 1, 2007   #1
gardengalrn
Tomatovillian™

Default Just too darn hot

I have gotten somewhat settled in my new digs here in KS. I knew it would be hot but somehow imagined that it wouldn't be as bad as KY, with the horrid humidity. How wrong I was!!
I thought by waiting until the sun went down before canning several batches of Annie's Salsa vs. Mrs. Wage's (for comparison) I would avoid problems. Again, wrong. I have a gas stove here and had never canned on gas, so a bit of a learning curve there. It took quite a long time and before I knew it, the house was blistering despite running the air full throttle. I will never do this again. I was in fear that my air con unit would spontaneously combust. My plan for next year will be to get one of those free-standing cooking plates, the gas type we have discussed here before. I will either place it in the basement or outside, depending on the weather. Our basement is unfinished and very cool, no matter the temp outside.
For the record, the family preferred Annie's Salsa to Mrs. Wage's. My SIL does Mrs. Wage's and I really liked it when she prepared it. I preferred Annie's and my menfolk aren't stupid, they knew I had spent hours cutting and chopping the ingredients and decided that Annie's was by far the best
gardengalrn is offline   Reply With Quote