View Single Post
Old January 8, 2019   #294
MdTNGrdner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDawgs View Post
This is one of my most important garden tools, a broadfork that I call The Beast.
It's about 25 lbs, heavy steel with 16" long tines.

Since I bought The Beast about five or more years ago, I've run the tiller through the raised beds a whole lot less. It reaches way down and when rocked back it brings up any roots that have crept in from the grapes and crapes. The soil gets loosened without major disruption. I can't remember where I mail-ordered it from. Some place like Peaceful valley or some garden tool company. Best garden tool I own!

GoDawgs, agreed!

We have the Meadow Creature Tall Broadfork (14" tines) and love it; between this, two shovels, and "lasagna" layering, we've made our gardens from the pasture that is our backyard. It's the closest thing to tilling that we do, although the soil is not really turned. Instead of no-till I call it low-till. It's great for bringing rocks up, feels as if it will last for generations, and the worms love the effects! And it's so much fun to use

Here's another item that I really appreciate: https://hosstools.com/product/push-pull-hoe/