View Single Post
Old January 7, 2019   #16
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

January 4th -6th, 2019

There are going to be quite a few changes to the grow room by the end of this week but first let me recap this weekend. I made some observations and changes to the grow room. The garage was near 50% humidity during the day and I got a little shy of three days with one fill of the humidifier, I have the humidifier on a the same timer as the lights 16 hours a day, I may put the humidifier on a separate timer and run 10 hours a day instead of the 16. The plants are now drinking a lot of water and need to be checked every day, mainly the lettuces. I removed the filing cabinet and placed it in the outside playhouse, then removed the existing table and placed a new table that is 12" longer. This gives me a bit of room to get around the table and more grow room for the plants.

I also noticed something pretty interesting in the Grow Lights, more on that later.

Time to revamp the existing area

but first a beer.

The pots are for extra plants that have germinated.

Moving that filing cabinet was a chore, another beer is in order

all the plants are on the table, yep you guessed it...

I'm also working on different lighting for my greens/seedling table, more on that later.

Lets have a look at some growth.

I felt bad for these guys, somehow they ended up under a Parris Island Romaine and got a tad leggy.

Now here is where it gets a bit interesting.

All 4 plants were potted and watered exactly the same but two were moved off of the greens table and onto the lower table with the Viparspectra lights barely 5 days ago, coincidence??

I dont think so.

Anyhow, I decide that I was going to jump in this hard and hopefully reduce the chance of failure. My thought is, if I do this half @ssed in the beginning and fail, I may not want to try this again, so I made the $$ decision to add another Viparspectra 700 to the greens table and lower and butt up the two Galaxy Hydro led's.

Oh, almost forgot, I also got a cool pair of grow room shades, lol. I keep these hanging by the entry door.

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote